The Heart Health Program is evidence based and aims to help increase physical health and wellbeing through exercise. The program includes two physical activity sessions per week and monthly educational workshops.
Accredited Exercise Physiologist, Dave Johnston provides participants with a structured and supervised fitness training schedule. The program is delivered in groups of approximately 6-10 participants at a cost of $10 per person/per session.
The group meets at The Fit Lab Health and Fitness Centre for weekly activity sessions held Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8am to 9am. We look at how to recognise and reduce risk factors by making lifestyle choices needed to improve general health and aim to empower individuals on making exercise a part of routine.
The Group Program includes:
- Two Weekly Group Exercise Sessions delivered by an Accredited Exercise Physiologists who is dedicated to your group.
- Access to Myzone Belts (MZ-3): The MZ-3 uses a proprietary device that’s 99.4% accurate to an EKG machine.
- Access to Blood Pressure Testing
- Access to Monthly Health Education Workshops on topics such as setting healthy goals, physical activity, chronic conditions, back care, stress management and maintaining a healthy heart.
- A Customised Program on Completion to encourage continuation of a program and regular use at the Fitness Centre at the conclusion of the 3 months.
The Program is focused toward those who have or have had any of the following:
- High cholesterol, High blood pressure, Overweight
- Coronary heart disease, Angina, Atrial fibrillation
- Recent cardiac event or procedure