The Fit Lab’s Allied Health Centre now offers holistic dietetic support consultations with bulk-billing available for eligible clients.
Our expert dietitian Areeba takes the time to understand the unique health goals of each client, providing industry-leading diet and nutrition counselling customised for each individual, ensuring the best possible health outcome.
Discounted Rates Are Available For All Current Fit Lab Memberships!
At The Fit Lab Toowoomba’s
Allied Health & Rehabilitation Unit
Holistic Dietetic Support
Our professional dietitian services encompass a range of categories, each involving carefully designed individualised dietary programs that can help you optimise your health and performance and to assist you to live the best version of your life.
Sport & Fitness
Your Goals Matter
Our qualified dietitian provides industry-leading nutrition counselling that does not discriminate on size, shape, colour or weight. Health comes in all forms and we are about finding out what works for you as an individual!
Your Unique Plan
Together you’ll gain an in-depth understanding of how food fuels your lifestyle, training and overall wellness. When you learn how factors such as sleep, emotions, social occasions, genetics and hormones affect your food choices and nutrient needs, you’ll have far greater success in being able to completely curb the associated negative impacts caused by a poor diet.
All Food On The Table
Foods are not ‘good’ or ‘bad’, they are just made of different nutrients that can be used to fuel you at different times for different reasons.
Our dietitian will show you how to learn to read your body’s cues and feel confident in choosing the foods that are right for you in that moment, regardless of where you are.
Initial Consult – 45 Minutes
Current Fit Lab Members – $100.00
Non-Member – $115.00
Subsequent Consult – 30 Minutes
Current Fit Lab Members – $75.00
Non-Members – $85.00
Dietitian Appointments Claimed Through Medicare Have No Out Of Pocket Expense.
* Must have GP Management Plan Referral to be eligle for this discount
We offer funding under Medicare, NDIS, DVA & Private Health.
Contact us to discuss our NDIS pricing: (07) 4638 7645
What is the Difference Between a Dietitian and a Nutritionist?
A person with the title of ‘nutritionist’ may be a qualified nutrition scientist or biochemist; or they may not have any university qualifications in human nutrition at all as there’s no government body regulating the term nutritionist.
A qualified dietitian has an Honours or Masters university degree (4-5 years) in human nutrition and dietetics and has received clinical training to prescribe special diets for medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, arthritis, PCOS, irritable bowel syndrome, coeliac disease and food allergy.
Dietitians also work with people who are perfectly well but seeking expert advice in sports nutrition, vegetarian eating and stages of the lifecycle such as pregnancy.
The term ‘Accredited Practising Dietitian’ can only be used by members of the Dietitians Association of Australia which is a highly regulated government body.
What Special Diets Can You Advise Me On?
Our Dietitian can personalise an eating plan to fit your lifestyle for any of the diets listed below & more:
- an anti-inflammatory diet high in omega 3 for osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- a dairy free diet if you have an allergy or intolerance to dairy products
- the new DASH diet proven by research to lower high blood pressure
- a low GI or Mediterranean-style diet proven to manage diabetes and reduce insulin resistance
- a dietary pattern to bring relief from the indigestion caused by gastro-esophageal reflux
- a healthy diet to better manage gout pain and joint swelling
- the new FODMAPS diet clinically shown to control symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome
- a low GI diet for insulin resistance and PCOS
- a high phytoestrogen diet to assist with menopausal symptoms
- a high antioxidant diet to help prevent and slow down the progression of age-related macular degeneration – the leading cause of blindness
How Often Will I Need to See My Dietitian For Follow-Up After My Initial Consult?
Research shows that regular reviews with a qualified dietitian help people maintain their new habits and better achieve their goals, compared to doing it alone.
By having regular follow up appointments you will be empowered with all the critical information and practical strategies needed to change unhealthy lifestyle habits. Our approach here at The Fit Lab is to build on the information you are already familiar with and offer as much support as you require according to your motivation level, so the frequency of your visits will depend on your needs.
Initially, many of our clients prefer to come fortnightly to keep up the momentum while they are adjusting to making lifestyle changes. Once they have made key improvements, most people can usually manage to extend their visits to fortnightly or even monthly, especially if they have a good level of support at home.
For the long term, if you have a chronic condition you would greatly benefit by visiting us every 3 to 6 months to ensure you retain excellent control of your condition and avoid the need for additional medication.
Can I Claim My Dietitian Consults Through Private Health Insurance?
You can claim a rebate on our professional fees if you have private health insurance cover for extras such as dietetics. As health funds vary, please check with your health fund to confirm your level of cover and specific rebate. Some funds pay 80% of the fee while others pay set amounts for the initial and review consultations.
To save you time queuing up at your health fund, we offer HICAPS. This means we can claim on-the-spot from your private health fund on your behalf and you only need to pay the gap. Please be sure to bring your private health fund card with you to enable us to do this.
I Have No Known Medical Issues But Can I Still Book a Consult With Your Dietitian?
Dietitians see plenty of people who are well, not just those with medical conditions. We can teach you about menu planning, how to stock a healthy pantry, understanding food labels and how to makeover your favourite recipes so you can optimise your wellness and keep disease at bay!
Dietitian Nutritional Packages
OUR NEW NUTRITIONAL
Get 24/7 access to The Fit Lab’s gym facilities PLUS a subscription to our new Dietitian App including Meal Plan, Digital Food Diary, Hydration Tracking & Direct Communication with our Professional Dietitian and MORE!
Sign Up Online Now:
Qualified & Experienced
The Fit Lab Toowoomba’s dietitians are accredited by Australia’s top regulatory bodies:
Extensive Experience with Medicare, DVA & NDIS Clients;
Elite & Recreational Athletes
We Accept All Major Health Funds
The Fit Lab’s Allied Health Rehabilitation Unit has a HICAPS terminal with EFTPOS for fast & convenient payment and claims.
Once your claim is authorised, simply pay the gap amount between our fee and the maximum rebate amount allowable from your health fund.
Speak to our Allied Health team for more information about payment options:
Allied Health /
Our standard hours of operation:
Shop 6 / 231 James Street
Toowoomba City QLD 4350
Access The Fit Lab via James Street
or Goggs Street.
Free Undercover Parking
The Fit Lab’s Rehabilitation Unit is located beside BCF on Level 2 of the Centrepoint on James Complex.
We have convenient undercover parking directly outside and all of our facilities are easily accessible with wheelchair access.
Request an Appointment
For more information about our dietitian services, contact The Fit Lab’s Allied Health Centre today:
Enquire Online Now:
$40.00 Per Week or
Ideal for those wanting to get started on a healthy pathway, to maximise improved eating habits.
- Initial Dietitian / Nutritional Consultation
- High level of accountability and support with 2 review appointments and weekly check-in’s
- Additional personalised nutrition advice and support including:
– Asessment of diet, including vitamin and mineral intakes
– Individual goal setting
– Meal planning advice
– Foods to have before and after your workout
– Total Daily Calorie and Protein Recommendations
– Accountability & tracking tools provided
Get Started Today
$35.00 Per Week
Aimed at athletes or the serious sports competitor, this program will support your strength and conditioning training and help you to reach peak performance.
- 1x Initial Consultation
- 5x Subsequent Fortnightly Consultations
- Personalised Meal Plan + Calorie and Macronutrient Targets
- Monthly Body Composition Analysis (body fat percentage, muscle mass to monitor physique changes)
- Hydration targets
- Sports Supplement Recommendations
- Weekly check-in’s via email or text
- 1x Event Day Nutrition Plan
- Sport Specific Nutritional Advice including:
– Eating before / after training
– Eating before / during / after competition
– Recovery and hydration needs
– Building your own meal plans
– Tailored grocery shopping guide
– Eating your favourite food and dining out whilst still maintaining optimal sports nutrition
Get Started Today
6 Weeks (Delivered in person or online)
$50.00 Per Week or
Our gold package is ideal for those wanting to take their nutrition to the next level, with a complete personalised program.
- 1x Initial Consultation
- 3x Subsequent Fortnightly Consultations
- Personalised Meal Plan + 2x Body Composition Analysis (body fat percentage, muscle mass to monitor physique changes)
- Accountability and High Level of Support; weekly check-ins via email/text
- Calorie and Macronutrient Targets Set
- Personalised Nutrition Advice including:
– Recovery Nutrition
– Eating before and after training
– Macronutrient Distribution
– How to be flexible with Meal Plans
– Enjoying your favourite foods and dining out
– Label reading
Get Started Today
Dietitian / Nutritionist
Bachelor of Nutrition
Bachelor of Exercise Sciences
An extended level of Masters of Dietetic Studies
Internship at the Brisbane Broncos
Areeba has recently joined The Fit Lab’s team as our servicing dietitan and nutritionist and her goal as a Dietitian is to ensure clients are achieving their results from both a physical and emotional standpoint.
During consultations, Areeba will help you understand how food affects your body and how it will affect you and your physical performance.
Areeba can help with gut health, weight management, chronic disease management, high performance & sports dietetics or anyone who is motivated to take a step forward in their health and performance.
My Nutrition Philosopy:
“Food is a huge part of everyone’s life, and you should enjoy it. You need to fuel your body with nourishing foods to ultimately get the best out of yourselfand feel comfortable in your own body. At the end of the day the better youeat, the better you perform and the better you feel.”
The Fit Lab 24/7 Access Membership
– Includes Basics Package
– 1x Free Assessment / Program / PT
– 1x Free Initial Dietitian Appointment
+ Discounted Subsequent Appointments
Payments processed securely by
No Lock Contract
Includes subscription to
The Fit Lab’s all new
including Meal Plan,
Digital Food Diary,
Hydration Tracking &
Direct Communication with
a Professional Dietitian.